Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Tangerinee Fizz

Saturday, December 3, 2011

BURGUNDY LIDS GUCCI FALL & WINTER 2011 AD CAMPAIGN MAKEUP TUTORIAL








Hey xx

I was going through my Elle Magazine (October 2011, the one with the VS models!) and a couple pages in I found this great Gucci ad. This is their fall and winter 2011 ad campaign. Here the model has beautiful pale glowing skin and a very deep bronze raspberry contour on her cheeks. She has an almost neon red matte lip and a dark burgundy shade all over the lids. I wanted to try this look out and am really happy how this turned out!

1. Fresh Rose Freshface Primer along the forehead, nose, and chin to prime. This should even out the skin tone and reduce lines for a more even application of foundation. 

2. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab placed around my nose and forehead with my fingers to create perfected glowing skin.

3. NARS Bronzer in Laguna applied to the outer parts of the forehead, down the cheekbones, and on the apples of the cheeks with the Borghese 104 Angled Contour Brush. I used a heavier hand for this to really dark up my face. 

4. Make Up For Ever HD Blush in #2 Caught in the Act with the Face Secrets Bronzer Brush all over the cheekbones. This Make Up For Ever blush is one of the most pigmented blushes, it comes in a tiny container but just the smallest drop can really add some flush. I applied a good amount onto my large headed stippling brush and applied this on top of the bronzer to create a dark burgundy bronze toned contour. 

5. Fresh Face Luster Palette and the Sephora I.T. Professional Stippling Brush can be used to fake the perfect glow. I used the shade China Pearl from the palette, which is the best reflective white highlighter ever. I apply a small amount down the bridge of the nose, cleft of the lip, middle of the chin, above the eye brows, and barely on the center of the forehead. This gives a slight glow to the skin without any shimmer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. NARS Smudgeproof Shadow Base all over the eyelids, upper lash line to brow and lower lash line to prime the eyes.

7. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Skin right under the brow bone, on the lid, and inner corner to create a matte nude brightness.

8. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm on the brows to slick them in place.

9. Stila Smudge Pot in Pomegranate, Borghese 202 Angled Contour Brush, and Sephora Dual Ended Smoky Eye Brush all over the lids. This is the perfect creamy dark burgundy raspberry shade for the lids. I applied this all over my eye lids to create a beautiful opaque wash of color. I then took a smaller angled brush and applied this shade along the outer lower lash line. I connected the lower lash line with the upper lid shadows to create a cohesive eye look. If you have a bigger lid space then feel free to apply this shade all the way up to the brow bone, but that would just look plain silly on me. 

10. Urban Decay Ammo Palette, shade Last Call and Leif On Location Makeup Equipment Blend Brush right on top of the cream product. This beautiful burgundy shadow matches the Stila Smudge Pot and will set the cream shadow.

11. Urban Decay Naked Palette, shade Virgin and NARS 12 Brush. I applied a shimmering pearlescent beige shade along the lower inner lash line and inner corners to bring in some lightness and shimmer. I blended the shade with the plum shade so there was an even gradient along the lids. 

12. Stila Kajal Liner in Onyx along the tight line to create some definition. This black liner is super creamy and glides on with ease.

13. Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in 02 True Black and MAC 208 Brush along the upper lash line. I just wanted to add a bit of definition along the lashes, you don't need a dramatic line.

14. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Oil Slick and Sephora Dual Ended Dramatic Eye Brush, liner side. I smudged out the liner with a glittering black eyeshadow to make the liner seem softer.

15. MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating along the waterline to make the eyes appear wide. The white eye liner really makes a doll like effect on the eyes.

16. Dior Dior Show Blackout Mascara in 099 Black, Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara in Black, and Maybelline Lash Curler. I applied my favorite blackest of black mascara on to my upper and lower lashes to frame my eyes. The lashes should be thick, verging on clumpy, and as dark as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in Red and Sephora #60 Retractable Square Lip Brush. I applied a bright red lip color on to my lips for maximum impact.

18. Make Up For Ever HD Powder to mattify the lips. I dabbed this on and it created that slightly powdery finish that the model has. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like how this turned out, the burgundy lid is actually really wearable and flattering on my eye shape. The lips and cheeks are extremely dramatic but great for a night out.

Hope you enjoyed!!

xoxo, gracieee


No comments:

Post a Comment