Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Tangerinee Fizz

Saturday, November 26, 2011

DIOR FALL 2011 AD CAMPAIGN INSPIRED GUNMETAL SMOKY EYE










Hey xx

I was flipping through a recent issue of Elle Magazine (the one with Miranda Kerr on the front - VS Beauties!!) and I saw this gorgeous Dior ad. Marion Cotillard is modeling their clothes, which makes it so much more chic! Anyways French actress Marion has a dark gunmetal smoky eye, a slightly bronzed cheek, and nude lip. I wanted to recreate the look and it turned out surprisingly well!! If you want to see how I did this look keep reading.

1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Original all over as a base to make sure that all of your makeup goes on smooth. Plus primer fills in lines, pores, and reduces oil so that your skin looks perfect.

2. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab placed around my nose and forehead with my fingers. If I need mover coverage I'll use my Borghese 102 Duo-Fiber Blending Brush on areas needed. Use your favorite foundation, NARS' is currently the #1 in the world.

3. NARS Bronzer in Laguna applied to the outer parts of the forehead, down the cheekbones, and on the apples of the cheeks with the Borghese 104 Angled Contour Brush. Marion has no blush on but a bit of bronzer as a replacement.

4. Make Up For Ever HD Powder with the EcoTools Powder Brush all over to set everything nicely in place.

5. Fresh Face Luster Palette and the Sephora I.T. Professional Stippling Brush can be used to fake the perfect glow. I used the shade China Pearl from the palette, which is the best reflective white highlighter ever. I apply a small amount down the bridge of the nose, cleft of the lip, middle of the chin, above the eye brows, and barely on the center of the forehead. This gives a slight glow to the skin without any shimmer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. NARS Smudgeproof Shadow Base all over the eyelids, upper lash line to brow and lower lash line to prime the eyes.

7. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Skin right under the brow bone, on the lid, and inner corner to create a matte nude brightness.

8. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm on the brows to slick them in place.

9. Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette and the Borghese 201 Eyeshadow Brush. I applied the shade Ace all over the eye lids - excluding the inner most corners. Ace is a darker steel color with a slight bluish sheen that matches what Marion has on her lids. 

10. Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Shadow Collection and the Leif On Location Makeup Equipment Crease Brush. Taking the shade Heaven, a light matte off white cream color, I applied this to the brow bone. I also swung this shade just in the crease to help blend out the edges of Ace. Overall I didn't bring up the gunmetal shade too high since it would look silly on my lid shape.

11. Stila Kajal Liner in Onyx is my favorite super creamy no budge super black eye liner! I line my tightline and outer lower water line with this for added drama.

12. Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in 02 True Black and the MAC 208 Brush on the outer upper lash line makes the perfect thin slice of black on the lids.

13. Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette and the Borghese 204 Angled Brow/Liner Brush. Use the steel blue shade to smudge out the black eye liner since Marion has no harsh lines. I placed it on the waterline and blended it outwards on the lower lash line. I also smudged it along the upper lash line over the gel liner.

14. Hourglass Superficial Lash Mascara in Carbon, Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash in Extra Black, Josie Maran Go Go Instant Natural Volume Mascara in Black, Sephora Full Action Extreme Volume Mascara in 01 Black, Clinique High Impact Mascara, and Maybelline Lash Curler all played a role on my eye lashes. I'm just trying out some new formulas so you can use any mascaras that you like. I did two formulas on either eyes and then the Clinique mascara on the lower lashes.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. Supergoop Acai Fusion Lip Balm SPF 15 with Shea Butter is super moisturizing and provides instant hydration. It works as a base for any lip products I apply next.

16. MAC Luster Drops in Pink Rebel and the Stila 12 Brush make the lips look fuller and better. Dab the pearly highlighter on the cupids bow for more defined lips.

17. Laura Geller Creme Couture Lipstick in Creme Nude was the perfect slightly orangey brown nude shade for the lips!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it: a very smoky dark eye with a bit of bronze on the cheeks and nude on the lips.

Hope you enjoyed!!

xoxo, gracieee

No comments:

Post a Comment