Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Tangerinee Fizz

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

RED LIPSTICK BASICS









Hey xx

Random but Rihanna just came out with her new album and one of the song is called red lipstick haha.

So I made a red lipstick tutorial, requested by Sofia, sorry that I couldn't make this a video.. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my Youtube Channel much longer! I'm more into photography and such..

Anyways for all readers I just wanted show all of the red lip products just in case you have a different skin color.

1. Make Up For Ever Flash Color in Red
2. Guerlain Rogue Automatique Lipstick in 120 Coque D'Or
3. Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rhone
4. MAC Lipstick in MAC Red
5. MAC Lipstick in Dubonnet

So Sofia has tannish complexion, so anyone with warmer darker skin tones I recommend a more berry based red. If you have paler skin try a blue based red, or fire hydrant red. Personally I think orangey reds are never flattering so skip those all together.

Sofia for you I recommend the Bite Lipstick topped with MAC's Lipstick in Dubbonet. Starting with a berry based glossy red looks great, layering a little bit of a darker brown red makes it more wearable chic for a party. If you just wore the first lipstick your lips can look almost too clown red; you have to darken it down to suit your skin color. 

If these are out of your budget or you just want more choices I recommend going to Sephora or MAC and asking for assistance. Or you could just look around for a warmer berry red and a darker brown red that catches your eye.

You can follow the tutorial I did below to get the perfect look! 

xoxo, gracieee


You can skip this or find duplicate products if you're on a budget. I just prepped my lips with Supergoop Acai Fusion Lip Balm with Shea Butter SPF 30 and then applied MAC Luster Drops in Pink Rebel on my cupids bow to make more perfected lips. (You can get the lip balm from Sephora and the luster drops from MAC.)


Next I took the Sephora #60 Squre Retractable Lip Brush and the Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rhone. (You can buy both at Sephora.) You always want to create a border line on your lips so that you don't get a messy lip. It looks silly but it's crucial!


Next I filled in my lips with the lip brush for a very perfected sheer red lip.


Then I filled in my lips a second time straight from the tube so you have the most opaque amount of color.


To finish I dabbed a little bit of the MAC Lipstick in Dubbonet on top so the lip is a bit darker and more wearable. This is the finished look and I think it would look great on you. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment